Multiple choice exam and practical assessment
Q. Q. I want to get more information about the Top Up Door Supervisor course?
The Top Up Door Supervisor course is a 2 days training, the course starts on every week Saturday and finishes on Sunday from 9.30 to 18.00. the course fee is £120. SIA has made the Emergency First Aid at Work training a prerequisite qualification for joining the Top Up Door Supervisor course. If you do not have the EFAW qualification you need to join the EFAW First Aid training. We provide the First Aid training every week Friday and the course fee is £40. The total cost for Door Supervisor and First Aid training is £160. You can book the Top Up Door Supervisor course for £120 separately or with First Aid for £160 from the course list. After the training, you will receive your certificate in 7- 10 days. We can also assist you to apply for SIA Licence.... Read More
The Level 2 Award for 'Upskilling a Door Supervisor Working within the Private Security Industry' is compulsory training for those who are seeking to renew their SIA Door Supervisors Licence. The Security Industry Authority (SIA) has made the upskilling door supervisor course a prerequisite qualification to apply for Door Supervisor license renewal.
Top up Door Supervisor training will meet the mandatory SIA refresher training requirement for Door Supervisors who wish to renew their licence. After completing the SIA top up course, qualified learners will be eligible to apply to SIA to renew their license.
Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
Unit 1 - Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
· Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use.
· Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used.
· Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
· Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding, and escorting techniques, including on-restrictive and restrictive skills.
· Understand good practice to follow physical interventions.
Unit 2 - Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
· Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
· Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
· Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
· Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
· Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.