Multiple choice exam and practical assessment
Q. Test Question 3
Test Answer 3... Read More
The Level 2 Award for 'Upskilling a Door Supervisor Working within the Private Security Industry' is compulsory training for those who are seeking to renew their SIA Door Supervisors Licence. The Security Industry Authority (SIA) has made the upskilling door supervisor course a prerequisite qualification to apply for Door Supervisor license renewal.
Top up Door Supervisor training will meet the mandatory SIA refresher training requirement for Door Supervisors who wish to renew their licence. After completing the SIA top up course, qualified learners will be eligible to apply to SIA to renew their license.
Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
Unit 1 - Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
· Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use.
· Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used.
· Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
· Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding, and escorting techniques, including on-restrictive and restrictive skills.
· Understand good practice to follow physical interventions.
Unit 2 - Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
· Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
· Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
· Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
· Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
· Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.