The Course is consisting of 2 units:
Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
Unit 2: Safety Awareness Unit for Door Supervisors
Unit 1 - Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
· Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use.
· Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used.
· Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
· Be able to use non-pain-related standing, holding, and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills.
· Understand good practice to follow physical interventions.
Unit 2 - Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
· Understand counter-terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
· Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur on licensed premises.
· Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
· Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
· Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.