Level 1 Initial Literacy Assessment Tool
Reading and Writing Assessment
Reading Criteria: A minimum of 5 Questions must be answered correctly to Pass
- Minimum of 50 words used in each section.Writing must be easily read - letters/words should be clearly formed.
- Writing must be easily read - letters/words should be clearly formed.
- Most words should be spelt correctly. Any misspelt words should not stop the reader from understanding what has been written.
- Majority of capital letters, full stops, question marks or exclamation marks used in the correct place.
- Correct tense used in the majority of written work
Time: 30 Minutes